[MISSION] Rottenburg - Assault and Battery

23 Replies, 18818 Views
Judges present: Mo, A+Drew, Package O' Lies

Demo: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...89.dem.zip

No strike (but it was close)

Overall: Waves are too short to be of consequence, on a map as long as rottenburg, you will likely never lose unless you're being pushed throughout the entire wave.
The amount of flank spam is rediculous.
There are likely (definitely) more issues that have not been documented, but this is all we (I) have found

W1: Flank bots are stronger than what is coming out of the main spawn. Make finale waitforallspawned

W2: Mini-crit medics accomplish nothing, and will only confuse people because the minicrit buff is not visible, amek them regular kritz meds.

W3: same issue with the flanks.

W4: Wave is too short to be challenging. kritz does not belong on black box soldiers, reason, black boxes are a defensive bot with a damage penalty, keitz meds accomplish nothing, especially with what black box soldiers were designed for.

W5: too short, but strong, feels like an expert wave with the second half cut off.

W6: I'm just going to put it bluntly; this wave is bad.
The first subwave is slow and boring due to the single active giant squad.
The second subwave waits for the first one to all die, making the first subwave practically useless. On top of the fact that it is more flank spam and a bland subwave (giants and commons are both deflector heavies)
The boss: 99% of the time, bosses don't work as a finale (they work if they're gatebots however, but rottenburg isn't a gate map), they are either, not fun, or get trolled by everything, this one is the latter.
I would recommend reworking the subwave, but if you're really insistent on keeping it, make it a hitscan boss, as its ranged power is incredibly lacking.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MISSION] Rottenburg - Assault and Battery - by Package O' Lies - 02-25-2022, 03:34 AM