Content Beta Feedback Megathread

3 Replies, 610 Views
If you have completed a mission during the content beta and want to leave your thoughts on it, feel free to drop a reply on this thread. Use your steam account to log into the forums to make a post.

Please include the following information in your feedback post:
  • The name of the mission you played
  • The class(es) you played as
  • Your self-assessed skill level of the classes you played at (e.g. soldier main, mediocre sniper, newbie spy)

Some questions to consider while writing your feedback: (not an exhaustive list, but ideas to help you)
  • Which waves/parts did you enjoy that you do not want the creator to change?
  • Which waves/parts were too easy/too difficult that need further adjustment?
  • Were there moments during the mission that were outright boring? (e.g. straggler bots, uninteresting bot spawns)
  • If you were the mission author, what changes would you make to make the mission more enjoyable?

Thanks for taking the time in letting us know what you think! We will use the community's feedback to further polish the upcoming event's missions.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 02:15 AM by Pineapple Medals Bot.)
from the open beta (Grass Run-ADV)

w2 : the huntsmans stragger at the end , delaying the super scouts, making the wave longer than it should
w4: subwave with the demos straggle a bit at the end
This was mentioned over on the discord (Credit mostly given to Cacenoat), but I may as well drop it down here too in case.

Powerplant advanced has a typo for its Tank health ("25d000", imgur link https://i.imgur.com/E11phVb.png )
Popfile itself is available from the asset pack so anyone else is able to just find this typo too so...
[Image: yjlNbE5.jpeg]
Coastrock: Plunder Panic
Played as: Heavy

First Wave: Played decently
Second Wave: There is a time gap in-between the first scouts (reminds me of valve style missions, I am not a fan of those). In general just want more support bots with varying damage types as well, just a small squad of melee scouts isn't gonna cut it.
Third Wave: Not enough giants, Giants die too quickly.
Fourth Wave: Played well
Fifth Wave: Played well
Sixth wave: Played well

Feedback for all waves: Giants need more effective/actual health, There need to be more giants, More Engi-bots/Snipers/Spies. The map is small so there needs to be things to push you back or focus on something else than the front line. Engi bots with teleporters would be perfect to send flank support bots or even some medium ones to keep you on your toes. Otherwise this becomes similar to valve mvm big rock.

Overall rating: 75% it's a good advanced mission! Few small fixes and this would be a perfect Coastrock mission!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyberia: Rusty Rapture
Played as: Soldier

Overall was a great advanced 666. Only thing I wish the forward upgrade station would open during the quieter times of the wave. Don't do a complete pause but just send some small support bots so gradually the team can upgrade. Engi bots needs to have a higher presence, I love the chaos of the front line but you need to spin it up with a flank from engi behind teleporting in support bots and messing up sentry and player target prioritization.

Overall rating: 90%

Decoy: Grutesque Getaway
Played as: Scout

First wave: Played well, liked the start of bots coming from sides.
Second wave: Played well.
Third wave: Played well.
Fourth wave: Played well.
Fifth wave: Played well.
Sixth wave: Played well.

Overall rating: 95%

I think this is a very well rounded mission, we got pushed back multiple times but also had time to move back up. We did lose a few times too which is nice to see, winning all the time is quite boring when you don't have to change anything to counter what the wave throws at you. I would wish less of $1 drops (I was playing scout and lost like less than 3 dollars per wave on average going off of memory, which is fine but y'know- scout moment). As well as more engi-bots, the number of snipers was good to make us focus on them so if you could throw in a few engi bots that would be great too!

I play all classes and have 3700+ hrs. Been playing community mvm for a long time (Since Potato 2018 Canteen Crasher)
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 04:33 AM by #1 Dragonfly Fan. Edit Reason: Added my experience level )