Mission name: Trouble in Mann Town
Map: mvm_coaltown
Difficulty: Intermediate

Credits:
Spectλtor™ - Mission Maker
Valve - Map Maker
Custom Icons respectively from Moonlight.tf and Potato.tf Creators

Tested by 4 guys without medic.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2024, 06:09 PM by Spectλtor™.)
(02-03-2024, 06:09 PM)Spectλtor™ Wrote: Mission name: Trouble in Mann Town
Map: mvm_coaltown
Difficulty: Intermediate

Credits:
Spectλtor™ - Mission Maker
Valve - Map Maker
Custom Icons respectively from Moonlight.tf and Potato.tf Creators

Tested by 4 guys without medic.

Attached Files
.zip   trouble_in_mann_town.zip (Size: 20 KB / Downloads: 23)
.pop   mvm_coaltown_int_trouble_in_mann_town_v1.pop (Size: 33.65 KB / Downloads: 22)
Hi, we judged your mission.

Verdict: NO STRIKE (FIRST RUN)
Judges present: PDA Expert, Skin King, Floro
Demo link: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...86.dem.zip

Overall:
-The mission is in a pretty messy state at the moment. There's quite a few things to iron out.
-Generally speaking, you don't want to use custom robots when valve templates do what you're trying to achieve adequately. It helps set clearer expectations for players, and it allows your custom robots to stand out more in your mission.
-Don't overuse extra attributes (ie. melee bleed doesn't really add a whole lot gameplay wise, neither does the 20% damage bonus on the shotgun heavies, &c). Unless there is a clear reason to have them, do not add insignificant extra attributes to your robots (Oriental demos having tiny buffs didn't add anything of substance to them).
-Your pickaxe spy templates do not function as intended (they have knives), and the waves where they see heavy usage were really boring.
-Your starting cash is very generous for what the waves actually have to offer, consider lowering it to $400.
-Your final subwaves and your choice of giants are largely underwhelming. Consider adding more substantial threats among your giants & final subwaves.
-Do not hide supports from your wavebars using squads or randomchoices.

Wave 1:
-The Pyros don't need bleed on hit; replace the fire axe with the sharpened volcano fragment if you want them to deal damage over time.
-Every robot is hard AI in the mission. This isn't an issue in and of itself, though you want to be careful about using things like hard AI scouts on a first wave.

Wave 2:
-The super champs don't do anything at such a high money count, particularly when nothing else is coming with them.
-Both giants should be able to be out at once.
-Cash is high enough for heavies to buy max blast res on top of $800 worth of upgrades. Further confirmation of starting cash being too high.

Wave 3:
-Use valve template sandmans.
-the giant soldiers are really weak, they make for an underwhelming finale.

Wave 4:
-Wave is very lacking in substance, you should add a lot more things to it.
-The common demo subwave feels like a rip-off of Village Vanguard 2, which is a pretty boring valve subwave.
-Wave difficulty should overall be buffed.

Wave 5:
-The shotgun soldiers should not be using the soldier icon. They should also either use the default shotgun, or the heavy shotgun template's stats.
-The force-a-nature subwave is uninteresting, it can be taken off completely.

Wave 6:
-Tank should have final tank skin.
-Finale is really underwhelming, you should have it come with the giants if anything. These common squads won't do anything.
Worth mentioning that the second giant soldier on w4 got stuck. Coaltown is weird and giants with medics must be spawned at spawnbot_giant to avoid the map occasionally getting the giant stuck.

Also being told to point out that buffing w4 might not be a good idea due to the pacing issues that the above issue caused.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2024, 11:31 PM by randomguy.)
Alright, Thanks for the advice. This is v2:

General Change :
My spy gimmick - sometimes they backstab, sometimes they shoot with disguise, sometimes they carry bomb.
Changed unnecessary custom templates into Valve's templates; Adjusted the overall dynamic difficulty; Fixed small issues; Still wanna try the spy gimmick with other weapons, since they function well on my server.

Tested with 3 guys (Heavy Pyro Scout).

WAVE 1: Removed bleeding on fire axe pyros. Nerfed Start Currency from 800 to 400.
WAVE 2: Use Giant Demoknight as an aggressive giant then champion heavy; Mixed Blast damage and Bullet damage from robots.
WAVE 3: Strengthen Giant Soldiers with more bigheal medic and make it Charged Soldier; Changed Arrow/Flare squad into traditional Fire/Arrow squad.
WAVE 4: Use normal demoknight instead of my katana samurai as supports; Added more bigheal medics with giants.
WAVE 5: Removed boring 42 fan scouts; Decreased spamming of mine demos and spies; Added 3 Super Scouts.
WAVE 6: Adjusted the flow of normal robots to keep giants accompanied; Removed some mixing squads for a clear vision of ClassIcons.
Note: I'll do some decorating stuff after the pure gameplay is confirmed OK.

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_coaltown_int_trouble_in_mann_town_v2.pop (Size: 31.93 KB / Downloads: 20)
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 07:07 AM by Spectλtor™.)
Apologies for taking so long to reply & amend the feedback you were given, I am having issues with my ISP. Hopefully, they are resolved for good this time.

On wave 3 - I meant to say huntsmans, not sandmans. Use valve template huntsmans, with the 50% damage penalty.

Please solotest your mission on our servers at least once, and confirm to use your spies are working as intended. We will be waiting for your reply on this prior to judging your mission.
Roger that Big Grin
(02-04-2024, 11:53 AM)Floro Wrote: Apologies for taking so long to reply & amend the feedback you were given, I am having issues with my ISP. Hopefully, they are resolved for good this time.

On wave 3 - I meant to say huntsmans, not sandmans. Use valve template huntsmans, with the 50% damage penalty.

Please solotest your mission on our servers at least once, and confirm to use your spies are working as intended. We will be waiting for your reply on this prior to judging your mission.
I have met some issues while uploading the popfile to moonlight servers, however, I tested it on a vanilla server and it doesnt work. So please wait for another adjustment before judging. (I think it's due to my test server has installed rafmod)
The V3 is shipped:

General Change:
Alright no more spy gimmicks, just blend gunner spies into mission backstab spies, this strategy works in even vanilla servers I promise Tongue
WAVE 3: Changed cannon fodder sandman scouts into Valve's huntsman sniper.

The version for judging is v3a, not v3 (v3 is bugged).

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_coaltown_int_trouble_in_mann_town_v3a.pop (Size: 32.75 KB / Downloads: 16)
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2024, 03:03 PM by Spectλtor™.)
(02-04-2024, 11:53 AM)Floro Wrote: Apologies for taking so long to reply & amend the feedback you were given, I am having issues with my ISP. Hopefully, they are resolved for good this time.

Didnt check the forum for about a whole day, and I think I should give a brief description of current state of my mission:

I tested the old version (v3) on moonlight server, and the spy with weapon of other classes didnt work, which means I have to withdraw this gimmick. To keep the theme of this mission, I swapped those unworking spies with working gun spies, and blended into wave's mission spies. Therefore, from wave 3, every wave has a limited amount of spies (those gun spies) that need to be killed. About other robots, I slightly adjusted them (v2 is the whole fix about non-spy robots). Now v3a is ready to be judged.

Also I noticed that the open beta has started, so I have no idea whether this int mission would continue to be judged for this event because there's still a vacant slot on the important thread.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 09:26 AM by Spectλtor™.)