[MISSION] Doppler - Metallic Madness

18 Replies, 2650 Views
Mission name: Metallic Madness
Map: Doppler
Difficulty: Advanced
Mission type: Invasion (6 waves)
Current Version: Version 5

Credits:
Retrowave(Myself): for making the mission & the waves.
Blade x64 for making the map.
Potato mvm & Moonlight communities for the custom icons.

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_doppler_b12_adv_metallic_madness.pop (Size: 79.08 KB / Downloads: 40)
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2024, 03:50 AM by Retrowave.)
My test restrictions:
-Run without medic shield at least once.
-Run without heavy at least once.
-Run with out sniper and/or spy at least once.
Please port the mission to mvm_whitecliff_rc3. We will not judge the mission until that is done.
Uploaded the map and ported the mission to rc3
Hi, we judges your mission.

Verdice: NO STRIKE (FIRST RUN)
Judges present: M1, Skin, Pasta, Mike
Demo link: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...77.dem.zip

Overall: The mission had nearly no pushing power whatsoever. Many judges said it would make for a more compelling judge session if this was being judged as an intermediate. We would highly suggest you either continue developing this as an intermediate, or make serious difficulty overhauls to your mission.

One specific thing that was noted was that your mission only really had one giant active at any given time; you may want to have players fight against more than one giant at once. A judge said you'd probably want both sets of rapid / poppers to come out at once, for example.

Wave 3: There is no point in having a tank with such little HP on such a long map.

Wave 5: The boss was especially easy, it felt like nothing. Consider something stronger than a grenade demo for a boss. Crits were suggested for the shortstop scouts.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2023, 09:47 PM by "I have emails" -David Starkey.)
(12-22-2023, 09:46 PM)Floro Wrote: Hi, we judges your mission.

Verdice: NO STRIKE (FIRST RUN)
Judges present: M1, Skin, Pasta, Mike
Demo link: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...77.dem.zip

Overall: The mission had nearly no pushing power whatsoever. Many judges said it would make for a more compelling judge session if this was being judged as an intermediate. We would highly suggest you either continue developing this as an intermediate, or make serious difficulty overhauls to your mission.

One specific thing that was noted was that your mission only really had one giant active at any given time; you may want to have players fight against more than one giant at once. A judge said you'd probably want both sets of rapid / poppers to come out at once, for example.

Wave 3: There is no point in having a tank with such little HP on such a long map.

Wave 5: The boss was especially easy, it felt like nothing. Consider something stronger than a grenade demo for a boss. Crits were suggested for the shortstop scouts.

I made some major changes:
One of them being is that I ported it to Doppler and made some major changes to all the waves so it'll fit in with the map.

It's pretty much a conpletely different mission at this point except for like a few things left over lol.

I also tested it with no spy, no sniper, no heavy, no beggars, no medic, no phlog, and no class stacking.

If there's any additional problems you can reply to this thread here.

Also here's the popfile.

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_doppler_b12_adv_metallic_madness.pop (Size: 79.08 KB / Downloads: 34)
No Strike

Demo file.

Judges Present :
Scout - randomguy
Pyro(?) - Floro
Engineer - PDA Expert
Soldier - colonelbarrage

Overall :
Missions seems to be doing well on this map now, only one wave had extreme stand out issues.
Bomb resets should be disabled (at least on the first bomb that spawns) since there have been several moments where bots simply got owned by bomb resets.
Due to the nature of doppler, you should give all giants cancel falling damage as to not have their hp evaporated instantly (assuming you already haven't done this).

Wave 3 :
Tank didn't spawn with bomb so it did literally nothing, you could either convert it into a gatebot or do something else with it.

Wave 6 :
Generally, this wave felt extremely overwhelming for an advanced while also seeming kinda like it has no focus. The wave also was too long.
In my opinon the first subwave is probably fine as is, the rest will likely need tuning. Check demo for reference.

[Image: hay_block_side.png]            crimbo
(12-29-2023, 03:04 PM)PDA Expert Wrote: No Strike

Demo file.

Judges Present :
Scout - randomguy
Pyro(?) - Floro
Engineer - PDA Expert
Soldier - colonelbarrage

Overall :
Missions seems to be doing well on this map now, only one wave had extreme stand out issues.
Bomb resets should be disabled (at least on the first bomb that spawns) since there have been several moments where bots simply got owned by bomb resets.
Due to the nature of doppler, you should give all giants cancel falling damage as to not have their hp evaporated instantly (assuming you already haven't done this).

Wave 3 :
Tank didn't spawn with bomb so it did literally nothing, you could either convert it into a gatebot or do something else with it.

Wave 6 :
Generally, this wave felt extremely overwhelming for an advanced while also seeming kinda like it has no focus. The wave also was too long.
In my opinon the first subwave is probably fine as is, the rest will likely need tuning. Check demo for reference.
Changes I made:

Misc:
-Made all giants not take fall damage from that one part of the map.
-Made all the bombs non-resettable (yippee!!!!!!!!!).

Wave 3:
-Made "tank" into a "gate tank".

Wave 6:
-Made max active of gblaster scouts 3->2
-Replaced the gmeds on the grapidburst demos with 3 uber meds.
-Removed engi support.
-Removed burst demo support.

New Version is on the server btw.

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_doppler_b12_adv_metallic_madness.pop (Size: 91.25 KB / Downloads: 35)
Hi, we judged your mission.

Verdict: NO STRIKE
Judges present: Pasta, Yoovy, Floro
Demo Link: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...72.dem.zip

Overall:
The mission isn't in a bad state at the moment, it just needs a few tweaks.

Wave 4:
-Wave softlocks over a dummy phlog pyro wavespawn, please make it functional. ("make the firstspawnoutput of the wavespawn in question into a initwaveoutput and just put it in the wave block of the given wave" -feedback from pda)

Wave 6:
-3 bigrock bursts make for an unoriginal finale. Make it more interesting.
-The common deflectors straggle at the end, I'd suggest making them a burst spawn of 10 (spawncount 10, totalcount 10).

PS: One of the judges switched classes on wave 6 because he didn't want to play engineer anymore
(12-30-2023, 07:30 PM)Floro Wrote: Hi, we judged your mission.

Verdict: NO STRIKE
Judges present: Pasta, Yoovy, Floro
Demo Link: https://us-testing.moonlight.tf:27107/de...72.dem.zip

Overall:
The mission isn't in a bad state at the moment, it just needs a few tweaks.

Wave 4:
-Wave softlocks over a dummy phlog pyro wavespawn, please make it functional. ("make the firstspawnoutput of the wavespawn in question into a initwaveoutput and just put it in the wave block of the given wave" -feedback from pda)

Wave 6:
-3 bigrock bursts make for an unoriginal finale. Make it more interesting.
-The common deflectors straggle at the end, I'd suggest making them a burst spawn of 10 (spawncount 10, totalcount 10).

PS: One of the judges switched classes on wave 6 because he didn't want to play engineer anymore
Changes I made:

Wave 4:
-Made the timeless bomb spawnoutput it's own wavespawn entity so the funny glithy spawn in the outside zone would be
less of a pain (I forgot to do this on this wave lol).

Wave 6:
-Made small Deflectors burst spawn (like Floro suggested).
-Turned Giga Burst Soldiers into Giga Burst Demomen to be more original.

Attached Files
.pop   mvm_doppler_b12_adv_metallic_madness.pop (Size: 89.83 KB / Downloads: 36)