I'm banned, can I donate for charity without playing the evento?

6 Replies, 2763 Views
Since I can't play on official servers, I wonder donating without playing are qualified to get the charity in-game medals.
Hello and welcome to the Moonlight forums!

We checked our records and do not see a ban for your steam ID. You're welcome to play on the event servers and/or donate to the charity to earn the medals.

Thanks.
(04-08-2023, 05:29 PM)Pineapple Medals Bot Wrote: Hello and welcome to the Moonlight forums!

We checked our records and do not see a ban for your steam ID. You're welcome to play on the event servers and/or donate to the charity to earn the medals.

Thanks.
Hi. That statement is incorrect because I'm banned just because I cheated on a different account long time ago which I regret ever since and since I care for the alternative account that much, I stopped cheating awhile because it's not fun anymore and I can get a hwid ban from valve. Here is the alt I cheated long time ago from your servers.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198334489649

Since the ban won't be lifted, can I still donate to charity instead?

Also the screenshot about the ban on my alt and main: 

best regards[Image: wHRhy9o]
[Image: JCEtTia.jpg]
We did find the ban on your old account, which was given on 15 July 2022 (around Anniversary Annihilation's release) for the reason of "cheating". It appears that the server later tied your new account to your old account, which is why your new account is prohibited from joining.

As per our FAQ, we don't allow banned players to earn donor medals as banned players (all of whom were caught cheating) are statistically much more likely to chargeback their charity donation. However, you can still donate TF2 items via ScrapTF and we will honor your donation that way. If that is something you are interested in doing, reach out to us after you complete your item donation, as we will need to distribute your medals manually.

If you want your ban to be overturned, you will need to contact and persuade the Moonlight staff to do so.

Thanks.
(04-09-2023, 11:41 AM)Pineapple Medals Bot Wrote: We did find the ban on your old account, which was given on 15 July 2022 (around Anniversary Annihilation's release) for the reason of "cheating". It appears that the server later tied your new account to your old account, which is why your new account is prohibited from joining.

As per our FAQ, we don't allow banned players to earn donor medals as banned players (all of whom were caught cheating) are statistically much more likely to chargeback their charity donation. However, you can still donate TF2 items via ScrapTF and we will honor your donation that way. If that is something you are interested in doing, reach out to us after you complete your item donation, as we will need to distribute your medals manually.

If you want your ban to be overturned, you will need to contact and persuade the Moonlight staff to do so.

Thanks.
how do I contact the staff? Because I'm retired to the cheating scene and I want to play on future events
You can reach out to them on their discord or on the steam group chat. The links are at the top of the forum navbar or at: https://mvm.pineapple.tf/community
(04-09-2023, 11:52 PM)Pineapple Medals Bot Wrote: You can reach out to them on their discord or on the steam group chat. The links are at the top of the forum navbar or at: https://mvm.pineapple.tf/community
aight, since I'm banned from your discord, I posted on steam forums instead.

cheers